Monday 21 May 2012

FootieCalls Top 10 WORST Football kits

'Sup Footie Nuts?


I wanted to share something with you guys. When Manchester United launched their 2012/13 kit in the last 2 weeks, I thought... "Wow... they based this on my Mom's table cloth?!" But then it got me thinking, how many other kits out there made me want to puke? I went and done extensive research to bring to you FootieCall's 10 worst EVER kits! Now I'm no fashionista, and I don't know all the lines to mystic pizza, but these are just terrible!

Number 10
Mexico 1994 World Cup

Jorge Campos...designed this himself. Nutter! 


The 1994 world cup in the USA was probably my favourite Football World Cup of all time. But this... this monstrosity made me want to stab my eyes out with a plastic Liqui Fruit straw!


Number 9 
England 1996 Euro Cup

Hang your head Umbro.


I don't have too much to say on this. Just read the caption in the picture. That is all.


Number 8
Athletic Bilbao 2004

Really? *vomit*


Now then. I hear your questions. And to answer you, no, I do not know who threw All Gold Tomato Sauce all over this plain white kit. This is awful PERIOD! (See what I did there) 

Number 7
Manchester United (I'm not sure about what year)

Bed time anyone?


So I can honestly say that Manchester United almost featured TWICE. This one, a lovely Pyjama set that is fittingly modeled here by Ryan Giggs. 

Number 6
Bradford City 1991

Couldn't sell. Hence the sponsor.



We know the 90's were infamous for BAD fashion, but this...this... oh my God... this... I need a bucket...


Half Time! 


Second half kicks off now that everyone has stopped barfing. Best you read/look at the next 5 on an empty stomach. 


Number 5
Scunthorpe United

Transfer please????



Oh my... it's vomit. It's vomit I tell you!!!! Why in name of colours and eye sight would you do this?!?!?!? Whyyyyyyyyyyy???? *vomits*


Number 4
USA 1994 world cup

I want a new kit!!!!!

This tournament, was slap bang in the 90's. Another kit to help us remember how bad the fashion sense was. 


Number 3
Arsenal 1991

Lee Dixon... looking like a dick! 

I really think that maybe because they were known as boring Arsenal they tried something new with their kit and got it HORRIBLY wrong....

Number 2
Shimizu S-Pulse

Only in Japan....


And to Japan we go! We all know that Japan are known for their weirdness (see Pokemon) but this has got to take the cake. 

So far the Premier league in the 90's have taken centre stage. But our number 1 hits closer to home... real close.

Number 1
Bafana Bafana 1994



I hang my head in shame...I really do. This kit was probably the worst I've ever seen. I remember someone remarked "It looks as if someone has just thrown up all over it." A very very valid point. 

So while doing this feature, here at the Footie Call offices, a heated debate ensued between myself, Themba and BCM about the kit you see below. Myself and BCM think it's a thing of beauty. But Themba thinks it's a piece of sh*t. Let's all vote and see what everyone thinks. 




Thanks for joining. Get voting in the comment section. 

POTZ

follow us on twitter

@BCM_82
@Thembasweet
@POTZ56

No comments:

Post a Comment