Thursday 6 September 2012

Liverpool Crisis? Not one dam bit!

'Sup footie nuts? No premier league Football this weekend. How will we survive!? I know... Footiecall!

So Liverpool's current lack of strikers at the club is a worrying concern to all involved. Be it fans, coaches, journos and according to an open letter, the principal owner John Dubya Henry. I, like many, was left frustrated, angry, shocked and even embarrassed at our inactivity on the transfer deadline day (a pubic holiday in my life). Adding to this were rumours floating around that Liverpool were about to "put in a bid for almost everyone". Annoying to no end. There was even a point, when I was HOPING we had signed Clint Dempsey. We all know my feelings about him. I don't think (and still don't) that we need him. What we needed was a striker. Yup! An out and out striker. A goal scorer. We never got that. We never got anything. Not even a mean cup of instant coffee.

Waking up the morning after transfer deadline day, I felt shattered, gutted really that we embarrassingly missed out on Dempsey, Sturridge, Hunterlaar, Rob Sneijder and Bane from Batman. In my mind, Liverpool NEEDED a striker! I went so far to suggest that we should get Michael Owen. To possibly keep Henderson company on the bench. Yes, that's right. I was calling for Michael Judas Owen to come in and be our saviour. WHAT was I thinking!? Following the loss to Arsenal at Anfield. I made up my mind again, that a striker is needed. We are doomed for mid table AGAIN if we don't sort it out. Get Owen in BR!

However after the rage at the loss to Arsenal, I sat down, had some lavender tea and decided, "Let's think about Liverpool's options up front." This is what I came up with:

Realistically, we only have two first team forward men. Luis Can't close my mouth Suarez and Fabio I miss when I want Borini (more on him later). Liverpool have recently purchased an u/21 Yesil from Bayer Neverkusen. He was, however, bought with the intent of playing in the newly formed u/21 league. We do have three promising forward men in the reserve team though. Dani twitter freak Pacheco, Adam get me 10 000 followers Morgan and also Big Mike Ngoogle. Pacheco hasn't been a managers favourite since Rafa Benitez left Anfield for  unemployment. Kenny Dalglish? He wasn't British. And now Brendan Rodgers, who tried to send Pacheco on loan to some team outside the top two in La Liga. Anybody who isn't Brendan Rodgers, won't know the real reason why Pacheco is out of favour at Melwood. All we can do is speculate. And, if anything, Liverpool fans are GREAT at speculating. Embarrassingly so. Mike NGoogle hasn't really been tested in the first team. In fact, I'm not sure if he has played a competitive game for the first team. He has been prolific for the reserves though. So maybe he is worth a shout? Morgan, we have seen. He looks determined. Looks like he loves the crest on his chest. At 18 years old, he needs to be a bit more composed in the box. But that will come with more playing time in the first team. Here's a thought, put him on the bench and leave one of Carra, Kelly or Coates out of the match day team? With the lack of strikers, it makes much more sense to do that no? Yes.

Back to Borini. I always believe, that a striker's form shouldn't be judged on the chances he misses or converts. But rather, that the striker is in that position in the first place. If I had a striker in my team who wasn't scoring OR missing chances, I would be VERY worried. But with Borini, he has missed at least 3 sitters and 3 half chances this season. We can sit back and mock him for that. But just the fact that he was in a goal scoring position at least 6 times so far this season in league and cup competitions is at least some sort of positive to take out of this situation. He will score. He should be played up the middle. Like all strikers should.

Liverpool are NOT in any sort of crisis. We are a bit light up front (Leave the Suarez racism jokes alone) but a crisis? Almost entering into administration is a crisis. This... this is nothing.... this is Anfield...

Twitter - Give us a follow - @POTZ56

No comments:

Post a Comment