Wednesday 15 August 2012

Write for your team - Chelsea Football Club


'Sup footie nuts. We are well under way with these "Write for your team" segments. Today, Marisa Calvert gives us her views on Chelsea FC...

Write for your team - Chelsea FC

I honestly thought I would be way more gutted after we lost the Community Shield to
Manchester City, but surprisingly I’m quite calm. With 10-men out on the field for about
60mins, it could’ve been worse than 2-3 and an important lesson was learnt. Our defense
is weak however our attack is on point. Something RDM is going to have to work on – and
also, leaving substitutions until the last minute wasn’t very wise. But I digress, let’s get into
the upcoming 2012/2013 season and how I think Chelsea will fare.

After a discussion with my fellow Chelsea compatriot, this is what we think. So who will win
the Premiership? Well, if Robin van Persie goes to United, we could just see a crazy 3-horse
race for the title right up until the end of the season. The odds are however in the favour
of the blue Manchester team. No doubt, they are currently the best in the league, having
signed nobody and signing nobody. However, I still think Torres will be back to his best this
season and it will be between him, Aguero and RVP for the golden boot race. Torres to score
about 20 goals this season (this is across all competitions, not just the league). Hopefully
we’ll sign Cavani and we might see a fair share of goals from him as well.

Our best signing of the season, Eden Hazard, just needs to get over his diving and just get
his head into the game. He runs a good pace and I suspect he’ll be making life hard for other
teams. I see him taking the Chelsea Assist Leader award here.

Come January, I can’t say who we’ll buy – nobody can. But I reckon Malouda or even Essien
might be sold. RDM is busy creating a team that is as good as the world champions (Spain to
those of you who are new) – even better. With the right Q10, Chelsea will definitely advance
to greater things. That said, the question of the old guard. With Didier Drogba already gone,
who will be next? Many suspect it could be Frank Lampard or even Ashley Cole. Lampard is
the heart and backbone of that team and he will definitely still be a starter by May. The only
thing that would hinder this, is injury.

Let’s talk Champions League. No team has ever successfully contended the UEFA Champions
League title. I do however think Chelsea will change this small bit of history soon. If not,
the team who will knock us out will be PSG and Real Madrid will go on to win the title. But
Chelsea is all about making history and not dwelling on it. One thing’s for certain though,
Chelsea will not end the season without silverware. And this is how I see the Premier League
standings at the end of the season next year:

1- Man City/Chelsea
2- Chelsea/Man City
3- Man United
4 - Arsenal
5- Spurs

Good luck to all the teams this season. It’s going to be an epic one and I foresee many
surprises. However, as a Chelsea fan, all I can do is believe. That’s the mantra – that’s what
got me going last season...that’s the mantra that got us winning the Champions League title
when everyone said we couldn’t do it. Remember to always KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING
HIGH.

And if all else fails, we still have Eva Carneiro! Eat your heart out boys!

Follow me on twitter - @ReesieBabyGirl

FootieCall's response:


"I agree with everything you say" <--- (See what I did there)

I kid, I don't think Chelsea will have as good a season as you are predicting. Reasons? Let me give my outside opinion.

With regards to Roberto Di Matteo, I don't think he has the technical know how to take Chelsea to the summit. Or any near the top two. He did really well as John Terry's assistant in finally bringing the holy grail that Roman Abramovich so much desired, in the form of the Champion's League to Stamford bridge. But this season, I'm not sure he'll see out the entire season. As for the signings, without going into too much details about getting mayonnaise into Donald Trump's hair, I think the signing that everyone is hardly talking about, Eden Hazard, is going to struggle in the Premiership. Marin had a terrible season last season and Oscar... is still apparently moaning about Da Silva medal at the Olympics.

This response has nothing to do with the fact that Liverpool are not in your top 5.

FootieCall's prediction:

League Position: 4th - Chelsea has a better team on Paper. But I think Arsenal have the better manager.
Controversy: Roberto Di Matteo being the first manager fired.







No comments:

Post a Comment